Dr. Sheetal Kumar Gupta is an arthroscopy and sports injury specialist heading the arthroscopy and joint reconstruction unit at Galaxy hospital, Bhopal. He has been a consultant for sports medicine, Sports Authority of India & State Sports Academy and is serving National level teams of various disciplines like Hockey, Judo, Kabbadi, Water Sports, Wushu Taikwando etc.
He has done his fellowship in Arthroscopy and Sports medicine from Japan and was trained at various international surgical centres. With an experience of more than 18 years, he has performed over 8000 knee and shoulder surgeries including complex ligament surgeries and surgeries of around more than 2000 National/International level players of various disciplines. He is National and International level faculty for various seminars, conferences and workshops.
- Trained at Japan, Germany, UK, Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand.
- Visiting sports medicine specialist Sports Authority of India (SAI).
- Ex Sports injury specialist to Indian senior Women National Hockey team.
- Ex-Dope control officer, National Anti-doping Agency (NADA).
- National faculty for advance knee and shoulder arthroscopy workshop and conferences.
- Performed more than 8000 arthroscopies independently including knee, shoulder, ankle and hip arthroscopies.
- Successfully operated over 2000 players who are back in sports and have won national and international medals after their surgeries.
- Successfully treated more than 10000 sports players of various disciplines.
- Internationally trained and more than 18 years of experience.
- Has treated National and International level players of Hockey like Sardar Singh, Shivendra, Sandeep Singh, Dilip Tirkey, Sameer Dad ; Olympic champion Ankit Sharma, Commonwealth Karate champion Supriya Jatav, world champions of Judo like Sanathoi, Kalpana Devi, Navjot to name a few and boxing legends like M.C. Mary Kom & Sarita devi.
- Director GALAXY hospital ,Bhopal
- Ex Associate professor, Department of Orthopaedics, L.N.Medical College & J.K. Hospital, Bhopal.
- Visiting sports medicine specialist Sports Authority of India(SAI).
- Director orthocity joint and sports injury clinicBhopa
- Sports injury specialist to Indian senior Women National Hockey te
- Visiting arthroscopy specialist divisional railway hospital, Bhopa
- Ex-Dope control officer, National Antidoping Agency (NAD
- National faculty for advance knee and shoulder arthroscopyworkshop and conference
|Fellowship In Arthroscopy And Sports Medicine||Gunma Sports Medicine And Research Centre,Zenshukai Hospital,Japan|
|Fellowship In Joint Replacement||Johnson And Johnson(Depuy) ,New Delhi ,India|
|Master Of Surgery(Orthopaedics)||L.T.M.M.C.,Sion Hospital,Mumbai,India|
|Bachelor Of Medicine And Bachelor Of Surgery(M.B.B.S)||Pt.J.N.M.,Medical College,Raipur,(C.G.),India|
- Faculty Indian arthroscopy association conference 2016
- Faculty Pune Knee Course 2016.
- Organizer and course director for arthroscopy Cadaveric course at Indore sep 2016
- Faculty Bangalore cadaveric course at MSR , aug 2016. ∙ Faculty shoulder and knee arthroscopy IAA MUMBAI 2016.
- Faculty Asia arthroscopy symposium with lecture on shoulder cuff tear at Malaysia may 2016.
- Faculty Advance shoulder arthroscopy course Jan 2016 at M.S.Ramaiha Banglore.
- Faculty Pune Shoulder Course dec 2015
- FacultyShouldercon Nagpur Jan 2016
- Invited speaker and presented on PCL Avulsion at CLASS meeting Thailand 2015
- Faculty arthoscopy academy meeting 2015 , Mumbai
- Faculty MPIOACON 2015, gwalior
- Course convenor and organiser for SMS
- Faculty knee arthroscopy ISKSAA Delhi 2014; arthroscopic synovectomy and biopsy.
- Faculty and surgery demonstration for Advance knee and shoulder arthroscopy workshop at SRMC Chennai Aug 2014.
- Faculty and surgery demonstration for Basic and Advance knee arthroscopy workshop at SAIMS Indore July 2014.
- Faculty and surgery demonstration for Advance knee and shoulder arthroscopy workshop at Indore cadaveric course June 2014.
- Faculty and surgery demonstration for Advance knee and shoulder arthroscopy workshop karl storz Feb 2014.
- Faculty and surgery demonstration for Advance shoulder arthroscopy workshop at Bangalore Sep 2013.
- Faculty and surgery demonstration for Advance shoulder arthroscopy workshop at V.S.S. Ahmadabad Aug 2013. ∙ Faculty MPORTHOCON 2012, presentation on arthroscopic shoulder anatomy.
- Faculty IASMU 2012, paper on arthroscopic frozen shoulder release.
- IGOF 2012 paper on arthroscopic tibial spine fixation. ∙ Faculty MPORTHOCON 2011 paper on anatomy and biomechanics knee joint.
- Winner 2011 national quiz karl storz arthroscope ; at IAS 2011
- MPORTHOCON 2011 presented on resistant frozen shoulder
- IAS 2010 paper on Arthroscopic meniscus flounce sign.
- York surgical centre, arthroscopy knee and shoulder master course 2013; Yorkshire (U.K.).
- Prince of wales hospital; knee and shoulder arthroscopy course 2013; HONGKONG.
- IOF Course 2010 Singapore.
- NSM joint replacement course Malaysia 2011.
- Fellowship in arthroscopy and sports medicine; GSMRC JAPAN 2008.
- Worked with Dr Masashi Kimura, Gunma sports medicine research centre, Japan, with exposure in arthroscopy and sports injury.
- Shoulder arthroscopy surgeries with Dr Sugaya at Funabashi Sports Medicine centre ,Japan
- Worked with Dr Jean Louis Briad(France) with exposure in joint reconstruction
- Worked with Dr Ross Crawford (Australia) with exposure in joint replacement
- Worked with Dr Horibe with exposure in ACL reconstruction .Saitama ,Japan
- Worked with Dr M .Habeeb at IGMH,Male , Maldives
- As Registrar in Orthopaedics from Feb 2005 to Apr2006 at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
As Joint Replacement Fellow (J&J) From Nov 2005 to Apr 2006 at Indraprastha Apollo, New Delhi
- As consultant Apollo clinic and associated hospital Bhopal(M.P.) from May 2006 to Jan 2008v
- At joint replacement unit, INDRAPRASTHA APOLLO HOSPITAL, NEW DELHI from Jan 2008-MAY2008.
- As Arthroscopy Fellow At Gunma Sports Medicine Research Centre, Zenshukai Hospital, Maebashi, Japan From Jun 2008 To Aug 2008.
- As Specialist Orthopaedics Igmh ,Male,Republic Of Maldives,Sep 2008 To Dec 2008
- Asst professor medical college from Aug 2009 to mar 2014
- Associate professor from march 2014 to till date
- Certificate of Merit in Anatomy
- Certificate of Merit in Physiology
- Certificate of Merit in Medicine
- Certificate of Merit in Surgery
- College Gold Medal and Distinction in Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Selected in All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Post Graduate Examination, Nov. 2000
- Selected in Combined Medical Services Examination (U.P.S.C.) 2000
- Selected in All India Post Graduate Entrance Examination (Rank-37) , 2000
- Endorsed by royal college of Australian surgeon ,Sydney Australia
- Recipient of Australian musculoskeletal fellowship.
- Fellow of Asia pacific orthopaedic association, Singapore.
- Have performed more than 3000 arthroscopy independently including knee shoulder ankle and hip arthroscopy.
- Have successfully performed over more than 250 national level players surgeries and are back in sports and won national and international medals.
- At Gunma sports medicine research centre Japan, with exposure in double bundle ACL reconstruction,PCL,PLC reconstruction ,Meniscus repair and Revision reconstruction .Osteochondral allograft.
- Shoulder arthroscopy surgeries, Rotator cuff repair, Bankart repair, AC reconstruction, and SLAP repair at Funabashi Sports Medicine centre, Japan.
- Worked with Dr Rajeev K Sharma, Senior Consultant (Dept of Orthopedics & Joint Replacement) from Feb 2005 to Apr 2006 at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi.
- Worked with Dr Jean Louis Briad with exposure in navigation knee replacement.
- Worked with Dr Y. Kharbanda senior consultant joint replacement Apollo Hospital Delhi.
- Exposure in Primary & Revision Knee Replacement (assisted over more than 300 cases).
- Exposure in Primary & Revision Hip Replacement.
- Exposure in Unicondylar Knee Replacement, Surface Replacement Arthroplasty & Metal on Metal Hip Replacement.
- Exposure in Navigation Total Knee Arthroplasty.
- Performed & assisted in Diagnostic & therapeutic Arthroscopic procedures like Meniscectomy, Synovectomy, ACL & PCL Reconstruction with total 10 years experience.
- As sports medicine specialist involved in treatment of national hockey team, judo, boxing and athletics.
- Visited Argentina with Indian National Hockey team as sports injury specialist and team doctor for four nation tournament Dec 2011.
- Visited Thailand with Indian National Hockey team as sports injury specialist and team doctor for Asian championship tournament Sep 2011.
- Sports medicine consultant for players preparing for Olympics 2012 under OPEX 2012 Scheme.
- Sports medicine consultant with sports authority of India from past 5 years, May 2009 onwards Successfully treated more than 6000 sports players of various disciplines.
- Successfully operated more than 150 national level players for various sports injuries.
- Internationally trained and more than 10 years of experience.
- Sports medicine consultant to Indian senior national women hockey team
- Visited Argentina with Indian senior National Hockey team as sports injury specialist and team doctor for four nation tournament Dec 2011.
- Visited Thailand with Indian National Hockey team as sports injury specialist and team doctor for Asian championship tournament(under 18) Sep 2011.
- Consultant to Indian men hockey team during camp at Bhopal in 2009
- Have treated injuries of national fame players like sardar singh,shivendra,sandeep singh,dilip tirkey,sameer dad etc.
- Successfully performed arthroscopic surgeries of various national and state level players
- Dope control officer for senior national men’s hockey semifinals and finals cup 2011.
- In charge for nutritional and food supplements for national team for
Olympic qualifier preparation.
- Educated teams by taking lecture on sports injury prevention.
- Sports injury consultant to both national mens & womens senior national judo team from past three years.
- Successfully treated and helped in fast recovery and rehabilitation for injries of knee,shoulder,ankle etc for world champions like tombi devi,kalpana devi,navjot etc
- Operated using arthroscopy for sports injury (knee,shoulder,ankle) of ex-olympic player, national level players who recovered after their surgery and won gold medals at various competition at international & national level.
- Regularly conducted dope test for national judo team.
- Designed individualized rehabilitation programme for national players for faster recovery and for prevention of injury
- Treated injuries and other ailments of boxing legends M.C.Marrycom,Sarita devi.
- Successful surgeries of STC & Centre of excellence players for shoulder and knee injuries.
- Highly injury prone game ,designed sports injury prevention programme and treated successfully all type of sports injuries including of Arjun awardee Sandhya devi.
- Consultant to Indian national women kabbadi team (2011-12) & mens kabbadi team (2010).
- Attended selection trials and treated spot injuries.
- Performed arthroscopic ligament reconstruction for national kabbadi players.
- Also I have been looking after national water sports (kayaking and canoeing) team , injuries of athletics’, football (SAI), basketball, taikando,
- Treating players of various cricket academies, BDCA, few of ranji cricket players.
- Guest lectures in six week certificate course in sports coaching 2011
- Lecture at Ankur cricket club on prevention of sports injuries
- Lecture on doping to various national teams,
- Lecture on initial management of sports injuries to national hockey and judo team.
- Incharge of medical committee for various national level trials, PYKA scheme &various tournaments.
- Member of international federatiom of sports medicine.
- Part of Olympic players excellence scheme (OPEX 2012).
As a Rotatory Intern from Nov. 1999 to Nov. 2000 at Pt. J.N.M. Medical College, Raipur
- As a Resident in Orthopaedics from Feb 2002 to July 2003 at L.T.M.G.H. Sion Hospital, Mumbai
- As Registrar in Orthopaedics from August 2003 to Jan 2005 at L.T.M.G.H. Sion Hospital, Mumbai
|Ist||Feb 2002- 2002||July||Basic Trauma Management|
|Iind||Aug 2002 2003||Jan||Basic Trauma Management|
|Iiird||Feb 2003 2003||July||Management of Complex Fracture & Independent
|IVth||Aug 2003 2004||Jan||Assisted Total Hip
Replacement , Total Knee
Replacement and Acetabular
|Vth||Feb 20042004||July||Management of Spinal Injuries and Diseases, Independent Joint
Replacement, Arthroscopy and Other Major Surgeries
|VIth||Aug 2004 2005||Jan||Management of Spinal Injuries and Diseases, Independent Joint
Replacement, Arthroscopy and Other Major Surgeries
- As a Rotatory Intern from Nov. 1999 to Nov. 2000 at Pt. J.N.M. Medical
- Short Segment Posterior Instrumentation as a mode of stabilization in Thoracolumbar Trauma.
- Attended international revision joint replacement conference at Malaysia Mar 2011
- Attended international osteoporosis conference at Singapore Dec 2010
- 7th Annual Conference Asia Pacific Arthroplasty Society (APAS) Aug 2005, Goa.
- Attended JOSKOS 2008 at TOKYO JAPAN
- Attended shoulder arthroscopy workshop by Japan Arthroscopy
- Association at Kamakura,JAPAN in Aug 2008
- International arthroscopy academy conference Mumbai 2014
- Pune knee course 2014
- IAS 2013 Mumbai 2013
- CASM 2012 JAIPUR
- IAS 2011 DELHI
- Presented paper on Meniscal Flounce sign, Indian Arthroscopy association national conference 2010.
- Presented paper on arthroscopic frozen shoulder release MPORTHOCON 2010.
- Invited as guest speaker MPORTHOCON 2011; Anatomy and biomechanics of knee joint.
- Lecture on prevention and management of sports injury ,Ankur cricket academy.Bhopal
- Lecture on knee pain management at IMA Itarasi , Hoshangabad,Vidisha.
- BOS Annual Fracture Fixation Course BASIC MODULE Oct 2002, Mumbai.
- MIS & Conservative Joint replacement Surgery course with Dr Ronan Treacy (Birmingham) Oct 2004, New Delhi.
- BOS Annual Fracture Fixation Course ADVANCED MODULE Oct 2004, Mumbai.
- Western India Regional Orthopedics Conference (WIROC) Nov 2004, Mumbai.
- Arthroplasty Course for beginners – July 2005, New Delhi.
- Comprehensive Joint Replacement Course (Stryker) with Prof. Ross W. Crawford (Australia), Aug 2005 New Delhi.
- Computer Navigation TKR Course (Johnson & Johnson) with Dr Jean Louis Briad (France) Aug 2005, New Delhi.
- INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF SPORTS MEDICINE
- ASIA PACIFIC ORTHOPAEDIC ASSOCIATION,FELLOW(KNEE AND HIP SPECIALITY)
- INDIAN ORTHOPAEDIC ASSOCIATION∙
- INDIAN ARTHROSCOPY SOCIETY
Experience: 15 years